First Snow of the Year!

November 27, 2012

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We received our first snowfall here at the Lancaster, PA plant this morning. Brrrrrrr! During summer time, the bees sometimes get to be a little too much for me and the other Dutch Gold employees to sit at the picnic tables outside, and it only gets worse towards the end of summer! Like every year, the bees are trying to store up their supplies for the winter. It has been about a month since I have seen a bee here. Hopefully all of my bee friends have returned safely to their hives, which kind of makes me wonder...where are their hives? A bee will only fly a maximum distance of 3 miles to collect nectar, which means their hives are not far away! Maybe when it gets warm again I can snoop around and see if there are any backyard beekeepers close by that I do not know about!

You Might Also Like

0 comments